Do you want to tighten your skin after weight loss naturally? Do you face a problem with saggy or loose skin? Here we share how to naturally tighten skin after weight loss.
Losing a lot of weight is an impressive achievement that significantly reduces your risk of disease.
However, people who achieve weight loss often have a lot of loose skin, which can negatively affect their appearance and quality of life.
However, in the market, you can find various cosmetic products to treat loose skin. But you don’t need to spend your money to buy those products.
Here we share some natural remedies to treat saggy skin.
So hello guys we are vmoda In this article we are going to talking about how to naturally tighten skin after weight loss.
We also share the cause and some factors of loose skin after weight loss. So let’s start to discuss.
What Causes Loose Skin After Weight Loss?
The skin is the largest organ in our body and it creates a protective layer against the outer environment.
The inner layer of your skin contains proteins, including elastin and collagen.
Collagen makes up 80% of your skin’s structure and provides tightness and strength.
Elastin provides elasticity and helps to keep your skin tight.
During the weight gain period, the skin expands to create more space for growth in the abdomen area and other parts of the body.
Pregnancy is one such example of this expansion.
Skin expansion during pregnancy time occurs over several months. and the expanded skin usually retracts within few months of the baby’s birth.
Most obese and overweight people carry excess weight year after year, often in early childhood or adolescence.
When the skin is stretched and stays that way for a long time, collagen and elastin fibers are damaged.
As a result, they lose their ability to retract.
As a result, when someone loses a lot of weight in a short period of time, excess expanded skin hangs from the body.
The researchers reported that patients undergoing weight loss surgery produced less collagen and had lower levels of collagen compared to healthy and young skin.
Some Factors That Influence the Loss of Skin Elasticity :
Here we share some most important factors that increase the chance of loss of skin elasticity.
- Carrying excess weight for a long time: Usually if someone carries excess weight, their skin will loosen after weight loss due to collagen and elastin loss.
- Amount of weight loss: Weight loss of 46 kg (100 pounds) or more, usually increases the amount of sagging skin than moderate weight loss.
- Genetics: Genes can affect how your skin responds to weight gain or loss.
- Age: Older skin has less amount of collagen than younger and healthy skin and tends to be looser due to weight loss.
- Smoking: Smoking reduces the production of collagen and damages the existing collagen, causing the skin to lose.
- Sun exposure: Chronic sun exposure can cause decrease collagen production and also damage the existing collagen, as a result in loose and sagging skin.
Problems Related to Loose Skin :
Loose skin due to weight loss can cause emotional and physical damage.
- Physical discomfort: Excess loose skin can be uncomfortable & interfere with normal functioning. A study found This problem often occurred in those who had a loss of 110 pounds (50 kg) or more.
- Decreased physical activity: A study of 26 women found that 76% of women reported that loose skin limited their exercise mobility. Not only that 45% of women said they stopped exercise altogether because their flapping skin makes people stare.
- Poor body image: Loose skin from excessive weight loss can harm body image & mood.
- Skin irritation and breakdown: A research found that 124 people requested cosmetic surgery to tighten skin after weight loss. 44% of people had reported ulcers, skin pain, and infection due to excess loss of skin.
How to naturally tighten skin after weight loss?
Here we share some natural home remedies. These natural home remedies can improve skin elasticity and strength. So let’s start to discuss how to naturally tighten skin after weight loss.
Take Collagen :
Collagen hydrolysate is a very similar chemical compound to gelatin. It is a processed form of collagen found in connective tissue in animals.
Although it has not been tested in humans with loose or sagging skin related to heavyweight loss.
Some research suggests that collagen hydrolysate has a protective effect on skin natural collagen.
Another research found that collagen strength significantly increased after 4 weeks of supplementation with collagen peptides. And this effect persisted for a 12-week study period.
Hydrolyzed collagen is also known as Collagen hydrolysate. It comes in powdered form and you can purchase from online.
Another most common source of collagen is bone broth, bone broth also provides other health benefits as well.
Use Firming Creams :
Many firming creams available in the market and it contains elastin and collagen.
Although firming cream helps to give a slight boost to skin tightness. Elastin and collagen molecules are too large to absorb through your skin.
In general, collagen must be made from the inside out.
Perform Resistance Training :
One of the most effective ways to build muscle mass in both young and old adults is to engage in regular strength training exercises.
In addition to helping you burn more calories, increasing muscle mass can further improve the loose appearance of the skin.
Consume Vital Nutrients and Stay Hydrated :
You need to consume some essential nutrients because it helps in the production of collagen and other healthy skin components.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is very important for collagen production and also it helps to protect skin from sun damage.
- Protein: Protein is a building block of healthy skin, and the proline and amino acids, lysine play a vital role in collagen synthesis.
- Water: You need to drink enough amount of water because it helps to improve your skin’s appearance. One research proved that those women who increased their regular water intake had more improvements in skin function and hydration.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: A research found that the healthy omega-3 in fatty fish may help to increase your skin elasticity.
Aloe Vera :
Aloe Vera is the most effective ingredient to treat sunburn. but it can also help to tighten loose skin and regain skin elasticity.
Malic Acid in Aloe Vera is the main key ingredient that treats loose skin.
Apply Aloe vera gel at night and rinse off with cold water.
Strawberries contain a high amount of antioxidants. An antioxidant helps to increase the production of collagen it helps to keep elasticity and firm up the skin.
Strawberries also have alpha hydroxyl acid that improves our skin look.
You can create a facial mask using yogurt and mashed strawberry or you can rub sliced strawberries on the skin.
Let the mixture on your skin for at least 15 to 20 minutes and rinse with normal tap water.
Argan Oil :
Argan oil is a popular ingredient when it comes to using it as a beauty product.
Argan oil has a good amount of healthy fatty acid that helps to restore the elasticity of the skin and also helps to minimize the visibility of wrinkles.
You can apply argan oil using a cotton ball on your neck and face, let it on your face for at least 15 minutes, and rinse with normal tap water.
But remember you need to apply argan oil at least once a week.
Cucumber and Avocado :
Cucumber contains a high amount of anti-aging agents. It’s a very popular ingredient for natural remedies, such as removing whitening and puffiness.
It’s also good for removing unwanted skin tan and tightening the pore.
One of the most effective ingredients for skin is avocado, it’s a good exfoliator and helps to skin tightening.
You can make a facial mask using these two ingredients take one cup cucumber and one cup avocado and blend.
Using this paste on your face for 30 to 40 minutes and wash it with lukewarm water.
Coconut Oil :
If you apply coconut oil on your skin at night then it can help to reduce wrinkles and tighten the skin.
You can add coconut oil to your regular moisturizer. Coconut oil contains a good amount of antioxidant that helps to treat loose skin.
Egg White and Yogurt :
It’s another good facial mask for lift up saggy skin, you can easily make these facial masks just take 2 egg whites, 2 tablespoons of yogurt, and a pinch of sugar.
Mix all ingredients properly, apply this mixture on your skin and leave it for 15 minutes then rinse with water.
This facial mask can help reduce pores and increase skin elasticity.
We all know lemon contains enough amount of vitamin c and antioxidants.
For skin tightening, you need to take a fresh lemon and extract lemon juice.
Dip a cotton ball in the lemon juice and apply it to your neck and face.
Leave it on your face for 10 minutes and rinse with normal tap water.
Apply moisturizer after applying lemon, The vitamin C in the lemon juice restores elasticity and increases collagen production of the skin.
Medical Treatments to Tighten Skin After Weight Loss
Medical treatment is important to tighten loose skin after major weight loss. Here we share some medical treatments for tightening skin after weight loss.
Body-Contouring Surgery :
People who have lost significant amounts of weight through bariatric surgery or other weight loss procedures often require surgery to remove excess skin.
In the case of body-contouring surgery, a large incision is made and excess skin and fat are removed.
The incision is cut with fine stitches to reduce scarring.
Body-contouring surgeries include:
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck): This procedure helps to remove excess skin from the abdomen area.
- Lower-body lift: This medical procedure helps to remove excess skin from the buttocks, belly, hips, and thighs.
- Medial thigh lift: This procedure helps to remove excess skin from the inner and outer thighs.
- Brachioplasty (arm lift): This procedure helps to remove excess skin from the upper arms.
- Upper-body lift: This process helps to remove the skin from the back and breasts.
Multiple surgeries are usually performed on different parts of the body at intervals of one to two years after major weight loss.
Body-contouring surgeries usually require one to four days in the hospital. The recovery time at home is usually two to four weeks.
Surgery can also cause some problems such as infection and bleeding.
That being said, most researchers have found that body-contouring surgery improves the life quality in obese people.
However, one study found that this process had reduced the quality of life in some of them.
This system uses a combination of radiofrequency, infrared light, and massage to reduce loose skin.
One study found that it caused significant loss to the skin of the abdomen and arms of overweight adults.
A controlled study of ultrasound procedures in people who had already done bariatric surgery found no improvement in loose skin.
However, people report relief from pain and other symptoms after treatment.
It appears that the risks are lower with these alternative treatment methods, the results may not be as dramatic as with body-contouring surgery.
Having extra loose skin after weight loss can be difficult. We hope you already understand how to naturally tighten skin after weight loss.
For those people who have lost a small to moderate amount of weight, the skin will probably retract on its own and can be helped by natural remedies.
However, people who have lost a lot of weight may need body-contouring surgery or other alternative medical procedures to keep the skin tight.
We also share some natural remedies but besides these remedies, Facial exercises and a healthy diet can improve the appearance of loose skin.
Regular exercises will firm up the muscles and improve the appearance of saggy skin.
You need to avoid some bad habits that decrease the elasticity of the skin such as smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, and eating fatty food.
What you think about this article please comments below, if you like this article please share all your social media handles like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc…
If you have any questions about this topic or article, feel free to contact us via our Facebook page.
If you like us and like to read this type of valuable informative post, then like our Facebook page for more feature updates directly on your Facebook timeline.